Scientific Research and Higher Studies Objectives
- To oversee the implementation of the college strategic objectives for research.
- To create and develop policies and procedures regarding faculty members’ research activities and funding.
- To review and evaluate all research proposals and conference participation requests from the college faculty staff and write recommendations to the college dean for final decisions.
- To develop research budget and oversee the financial support given for scientific research projects and publications submitted by faculty members at the college.
- To review faculty members’ research plans and make recommendations to the dean on any reallocations of teaching loads for faculty members involved in meaningful research.
- To coordinate with the college academic departments and organize conferences and symposiums, to offer postgraduate programs in accordance with the college research strategy.
- To periodically organize research forums and symposia to disseminate the research culture among the college faculty members and students.
- To monitor and ensure that research undertaken by faculty members is conducted in accordance with the college policies on research Ethics, Biosafety, and Intellectual Property.
- To establish and disseminate an “Outside Door Policy” that encourages and enhances cooperation with industrial/commercial agencies in terms of consultation, research sponsorship, and funding.
- To establish mechanisms for collaboration with national and international research networks that might help to enhance the college research performance.
- Coordinating with the academic departments to ensure that the faculty members’ research and scholarly activities are effectively incorporated into curricula and have a positive impact on teaching and student learning.
- Coordinating with the academic departments to offer and monitor postgraduate programs as articulated in the college strategic plan.
- To offer research consultations to the faculty members and students.