Scientific Research and
The unit for Scientific Research and Innovation (SRI) serves as a hub for collaborative research and innovation at BUC, bridging the gap between existing departments and promoting cross-disciplinary scientific exploration.
SRI aims to disseminate and enrich the culture of research among BUC faculty and graduate students through setting effective research plans, providing financial resources and academic support, and offering research program.
Goals and Objectives
Our primary objectives include:
1. Promoting collaboration among college departments to tackle complex scientific challenges:
- Organize Conferences: Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Conduct Workshops: Cross-disciplinary engagement
3. Creating new knowledge, solving complex problems, and contributing to the advancement of society:
- Organize Conferences: Practical applications, societal impact
- Conduct Workshops: Problem-solving, societal benefit
2. Fostering a culture of scientific inquiry and innovation across various academic domains:
- Organize Conferences: Cutting-edge research
- Conduct Workshops: Skill development, passion for inquiry
4. Collaboration with Existing Departments
SRI will work closely with the existing departments, providing a platform for faculty and students to engage in cross-disciplinary research projects. It will act as a catalyst for innovative cross-pollination of ideas.
The Financial Support Program
- TRC Grants: The TRC Grants program is a vital component of SR&I Unit mission to foster collaborative research and innovation. These grants support ongoing and planned research projects, emphasizing their interdepartmental nature and their potential to address real-world challenges. Through TRC Grants, we aim to provide the necessary resources for transformative research endeavors that have the power to make a positive impact on society.
- Research Project Support Program: Financial support for research units at the university level is crucial for fostering a vibrant and productive academic environment. Such support plays a pivotal role in advancing knowledge, driving innovation, and addressing complex societal challenges. There are various avenues through which a research unit can receive financial assistance, and these resources are essential for conducting high-quality research projects.
- Start-up Incubation: Universities may support the creation of start-up companies based on research outcomes, providing financial support and resources to researchers looking to commercialize their innovations.
Professional Development Program
The unit is initiating the professional development program that serve multiple purposes including:
1. Promote Research and Innovation:
Encourage academic staff to engage in research activities, explore innovative approaches to curriculum development, and contribute to advancements in their respective fields.
2. Facilitate Collaboration:
Create opportunities for academic collaboration, knowledge sharing, and interdisciplinary interactions to enrich the academic environment and foster a sense of community among educators.
3. Stay Current with Trends:
Keep academic staff abreast of the latest trends and developments in their fields, ensuring that their knowledge remains current and relevant.
4. Support Lifelong Learning:
Cultivate a culture of continuous learning among academic staff, promoting ongoing professional development throughout their careers.
5. Address Diversity and Inclusion:
Provide training and resources to promote diversity and inclusion in academic settings, creating an environment that respects and values the perspectives of all individuals.
6. Effective Assessment Practices:
Train educators in effective assessment methods to gauge student progress accurately and provide constructive feedback.