According to the Ministry of Higher Education and Oman Academic Accreditation Authority guidelines, the following are the General Foundation Program objectives which aim at preparing students to do the learning activities independently, developing their critical thinking skills, and applying the skills they have acquired.
- To conduct entrance and exit level exams for students seeking admission to post-secondary and university degree programs offered in Al-Buraimi University College.
- To help students acquire adequate proficiency in the English Language and prepare them for their undergraduate studies at the academic departments.
- To expose students to basic mathematical concepts and logical analytical concepts and to apply their knowledge in both technical and business arenas.
- To enable students to use and practice basic computer skills that help them to handle computers, internet and other technical devices.
- To prepare students in their study skills and learning patterns through note-taking, searching and collecting for information from different sources, doing projects and writing assignments that help them in their academic studies.
UFP Learning Outcome Standards
Upon completion of the foundation program, a student should be able to perform the following tasks in the four areas of study: English, Mathematics, Information Technology and Study Skills.