GFP English Exit Exam
GFP English Exit Exam
The Exit Exam is taken at the end of level 2 to test the English language proficiency of the students completing Foundation Programme. The exit exam has been benchmarked with IELTS.
The Exit Exam consists of four sections. Details are given below:
- Section 1: Reading – 2 passages – 20 marks
- Section 2: Listening – 2 tasks – 20 marks
- Section 3: Writing – 2 tasks – 20 marks
- Time: 2 hours
- Section 4: Speaking – IELTS format – 20 marks
The marks are converted to band scores. Students need to have an overall band score of 5 with not less than a band score of 4 in each of the skills in order to enter academic programme. A sample Exit Exam will be uploaded on the college website.
Re-sitting Exit Exam
Students who fail to get the required scores in the Exit Exam are provided a second chance to take the Re-sit Exit Exam in the first week of the following semester.
The Admission and Registration Department enrolls all students seeking admission to BUC by advertising from time to time and by accepting the students allotment from the MOHE. Admission is open to students who have cleared their General Diploma Certificate Examination (Grade 12) from a recognized board of education and possess the relevant attested certificate. New entrants will take the Placement Tests for English, Mathematics and Computing Exam conducted by the UFP. Information regarding admission criteria for all new entrants is mentioned in the Student Guide . New students will take the Oxford English Online Test, the in-house Computer Based Mathematics Test and IC3 Test. Students who score Pre-A1 – A1, A2 are placed in Level 1, B1 in Level2, while students who score between B2 and above join the Academic Departments. Students who score less than 50% marks in the Computer Based Mathematics Tests will have to study the courses of Mathematics while those students who fail the IC3 Placement Test will have to study IC3.
Students who fall under the following categories are exempted from the English Placement Test:
- Submitting an IELTS score no less than 5 or a TOEFL (Paper Based Test) score no less than 500 and TOEFL (CBT) no less than 180.
- Passing the Foundation Program Certificate from another educational institution in or outside Oman (Students must submit original documents including a transcript and description of the courses certified by the educational institution where the student studied).