Department News and Events
The participation of IT students and the Scientific Research Unit in the National Olympiad for Scientific Innovation and Robotics and Artificial Intelligence competitions 2022
Gulf Week for Creativity and Talent
Within the framework of the continuous community work between Al Buraimi University College and the schools of educational education in Al Buraimi An awareness lecture was held for Sa'raa School for Education 5-9 for girls by Dr. Raghad Mowaffaq Tawfiq / Information Technology Department A lecture entitled (The Gulf Week for Creativity and Talent) On Thursday, March 3, 2022 The lecture included the definition of talent, its conditions and the target group. The school administration also commended the effective acceptance and lively participation of the lecturer and the creative students.
Mission, vision and objectives of Information Systems Department
he Program provides students with a technological and business knowledge to develop and integrate effective IS solutions that support management decision making and organizational strategies. The Program prepares graduates for a variety of IS careers in business, government, and non-profit organizations.
IS program provides and equips students with all the knowledge and skills in information technology applications, computer technology applications, media network, corporation strategy, corporation executive support. The program prepares graduates with all that is required for successful careers such as program system analysts, program applications developers, networks specialists, data base executives, information centre consultants, data analysts. Our graduates will found job opportunities in both government and private sector firms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of underlying infrastructure of information systems.
- Apply networking concepts to solve organizational problems.
- Analyze business problems using foundational knowledge from the fields of economics, accounting, business law, and statistics.
- Acquire knowledge of operational management to support organizations.
- Develop software’s by using different principles and practices of software design and development.
- Show awareness of social and work ethics.
- Show good command of language in general and specific contexts relating to the discipline.