Computer Science Program
The Computer Science program prepares graduates who are globally recognized as innovative and well-prepared computing professionals.
Computer science program provides and equips students with all the knowledge and skills in program system design, maintenance, development, and the latest technologies in computer science. This program prepares graduates with all that is required for successful careers such as program engineers, system analysts, graphic specialists, network specialists. Our graduates will find job opportunities in both government and private sector firms.
- Our graduates acquire knowledge of computer science principles, computer hardware and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- Our graduates demonstrate knowledge of computing practices in industry and emerging technologies.
- Our graduates apply networking concepts to solve organizational problems.
- Our graduates analyze problems and determine the computing requirements appropriate to meet desired needs.
- Our graduates develop software’s by using different principles and practices of software design and development.
- Our graduates show awareness of social and work ethics.
- Our graduates show good command of language in general and specific contexts relating to the discipline.
Structure of the Computer Science Study Plan
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (4 years)
Number of credit hours required for obtaining a Diploma in Computer Science CS is 126 hours on intense study. The undergraduate program, leading to a B.S. in computer science, provides a broad knowledge of computing. It consists of core courses in programming languages, computer system organization and operating systems, data structures, computation theory, computer logic, and societal implications in computing.
Advanced Diploma in Computer Science (3 years)
Number of credit hours required for obtaining a Diploma in Computer Science CS is 96 hours on intense study. As juniors, students take courses in combinatorial algorithms; automata, languages, and computation; operating systems and system architecture; and program design techniques, along with a course in either probability or statistics.
Diploma in Computer Science (2 years)
Number of credit hours required for obtaining a Diploma in Computer Science CS is 66 hours on intense study. The freshman year program includes courses in mathematical analysis, algorithms and programming, computer architecture and assembly language, symbolic logic, and data structures and program design. Sophomores take courses in linear algebra, computer organization, programming language concepts, files and data bases, and fundamental mathematical concepts.