Information System Programm
The Program provides students with a technological and business knowledge to develop and integrate effective IS solutions that support management decision making and organizational strategies. The Program prepares graduates for a variety of IS careers in business, government, and non-profit organizations.
IS program provides and equips students with all the knowledge and skills in information technology applications, computer technology applications, media network, corporation strategy, corporation executive support. The program prepares graduates with all that is required for successful careers such as program system analysts, program applications developers, networks specialists, data base executives, information center consultants, data analysts. Our graduates will found job opportunities in both government and private sector firms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of underlying infrastructure of information systems.
- Apply networking concepts to solve organizational problems.
- Analyze business problems using foundational knowledge from the fields of economics, accounting, business law, and statistics.
- Acquire knowledge of operational management to support organizations.
- Develop software’s by using different principles and practices of software design and development.
- Show awareness of social and work ethics.
- Show good command of language in general and specific contexts relating to the discipline.
Structure of the Information System Study Plan
Bachelor Degree in Information Systems (4 years)
Number of credit hours required for obtaining a Bachelor in Information System IS is 120 hours on intense study. This IS program is typical four year program for Bachelor of Science degree in information systems at Buraimi College. The program is designed to prepare students to assume positions in the government and private sectors, computer industry or education. It also offers them opportunities for further higher degree studies.
Advanced Diploma in Information Systems (3 years)
Number of credit hours required for obtaining a Advanced Diploma in Information System IS is 90 hours on intense study. As juniors, students take courses in combinatorial algorithms; systems analysis and design, introduction to software engineering, database management systems and program design techniques, along with a course in business data communication and networking.
Diploma in Information Systems (2 years)
Number of credit hours required for obtaining a Diploma in Information system IS is 60 hours on intense study. A Postsecondary School Diploma is designed to give students practical “hands-on” experience as well as theoretical knowledge in their chosen field. A diploma will take at least four semesters (two years) to complete and will usually include a work placement.